Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My readers are awesome

I received an email from a regular reader the other day that I thought was pretty cool. In the interest of not identifying this person without their consent, I won't share the entire message. But here's the part that sticks out:

"i got back into biking 2 years ago, i weighed 270lbs @ 6ft1, i now weigh 190"

Admittedly, I don't usually blog about the specific health benefits of things like biking and running. I'd rather write about the joys -- and mishaps -- of doing those activities than the calories I burned and the muscles I worked. Besides, I figure you can probably get that information from a health magazine or any of a number of health websites.

Still, it's great to get reminded of how beneficial regular exercise is. It's also great to hear from readers whose lives have changed for the better because of it.

To the sender of that email: Thank you so much for writing in. It's the reason why I love writing about this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yaz