Monday, January 10, 2011

A recipe website that will make your mouth water

Admittedly, my dietary habits aren't what health nuts would call ideal.

My cupboards are filled with Hamburger Helper, pancake mix and all the necessary provisions to make a mean pb&j. For the most part, my diet consists of whatever I can prepare on the fly. Sometimes, that means things like apples, bananas and granola. Other times, it means pizza and (God forbid) cookies.

Consequently, I'm hardly a person to go to for advice when it comes to healthy eating habits. Heck, half the reason I exercise like I do is so that I can take a few more liberties with food.

However, once in awhile, I enjoy taking the time to prepare a healthy meal. And with that desire comes the need for recipes, particularly for someone as cooking illiterate as I am.

Which brings me to point of this post. I received an e-mail recently from a reader that directed me to a blog entry on mastersinhealthcare.com titled "Recipes for Runners: 100 Delicious Dishes for Every Step of the Way."

The post pretty much has every type of recipe an active person could want. There's groupings of dishes for breakfast food (including a recipe for oatmeal pancakes, already a regular in my diet!), carb loading, weight loss, post-race meals, and yes, even deserts. There's even an entry for homemade multigrain energy bars. The recipes come from a variety of cooking websites, all of which seem pretty straightforward and easy to follow.

At the very least, it's enough recipe suggestions to keep me busy for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yaz